Welcome to Wonkee Donkee
At Wonkee Donkee Tools, we are all about helping contractors and do-it-yourself enthusiasts find the right tools for the job. We have over 4000 reviews and guides, written by our team of experts, everything that you need to choose the right tool, regardless of your budget.
Our parent company has been selling tools and other building materials in the UK, for over 100 years, so we have a lot of information to share, and the Wonkee Donkee platform helps over 150,000 visitors a month from around the world.
Please use the search bar to find the tool review you’re looking for. If you can’t find a guide for a tool you are thinking of buying, please get in touch and we’ll write you one!
Our most popular tool reviews
The Wonkee Donkee Knowledgebase
Looking for information about a specific tool? At Wonkee Donkee we have thousands of “how to” guides and articles about a range of tools. Everything from angle grinders to wrenches. Simply go to the knowledgebase, click on the first letter of the tool you’re looking for and pick the tool from the list.
Our most popular tool guides
Experts in power and hand tools
We have an abundance of articles, reviews, and guides that explain power tools, how to use them safely and which tools are best for each job. From angle grinder to table saw.
We have also made our top picks for each power tool, which you can find in our “best of” tool guides that walk you through your options explaining which tools will be the best buy and why.
If you’re looking for advice on a hand tool, chances are we have you covered. We’ve put together a collection of articles, reviews and guides about hand tools for most types of hand tools.
If you’re not sure which tool to buy, take a look at our “best of guides” that explain the options you have and which tools are going to the best fit for your budget and needs.
Other trending pages
- How did a bastard file get his name?
- What is a vernier caliper?
- What is a micrometer (and how does it work)?
- What socket sizes are available?
- What is a mattock?
- What are crosscut and rip teeth?
- What is a tapped hole?
- What sizes do dowels come in?
Examples of bespoke stairs
Tool spotlight: calipers
Wonkee Donkee says…
“A caliper is an instrument used to measure the distance between two symmetrically opposing sides of an object.
Calipers are used to measure objects which cannot easily be measured with a ruler or other measuring instrument.
The are many types of calipers, from vernier calipers to jenny calipers. The most popular are digital calipers.”
Check out just some of the articles we have on calipers:
- Cleaning your caliper
- Digital caliper preparation zeroing your caliper
- How does a dial caliper work
- How does a digital caliper work
- How does the scale of a metric dial caliper work
- How does the scale of a metric vernier caliper work
- How does the scale of an imperial dial caliper work
- How does the scale of an imperial vernier caliper work
- How do you check the calibration of your caliper
- How do you look after a digital caliper
- How do you use a digital caliper to measure step
- How do you use a digital caliper to take inside measurements
- How do you use a digital caliper to take outside measurements
- How do you use a vernier caliper to measure depth
- How do you use a vernier caliper to measure step
- How do you use a vernier caliper to take inside measurements
- How do you use a vernier caliper to take outside measurements
- Vernier caliper preparation What are dial calipers made from
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of dial calipers
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of digital calipers